Marigold Flower Extract Lutein is present in plants as fatty-acid esters, with one or two fatty acids bound to the two hydroxyl-groups. For this reason, saponification(de-esterfication) of lutein esters to yield free lutein may yield lutein in any ratio from 1:1 to 1:2 molar ratio with the saponifying fatty acid.
Lutein is isomeric with zeaxanthin, differing only in the placement of one double bond.
Marigold Flower Extract Function:
1. A major component of retinal pigment: lutein and zeaxanthin constitutes a major component of vegetables, fruits, flowers and other plant pigments, as well as the human eye macular area main pigment. The human eye contains high levels of lutein, this element can not be manufactured by the body and must be supplemented by the intake of lutein, if the lack of such elements, the eyes will be blind;
2. protect the eyes from light damage, slow aging and prevent diseases of the eye: the sun's ultraviolet radiation and blue light entering the eye will produce a lot of free radicals, leading to cataracts, macular degeneration, and even cancer. General cornea and lens UV filter can, but they can penetrate the eye directly to Blu-ray and macular retina, macular lutein is able to filter out blue light, blue light to avoid damage to the eyes. Fat outer macular are particularly vulnerable to oxidative damage of sunlight, so this area prone to degradation;
3. antioxidant, helps prevent aging body caused by cardiovascular sclerosis, coronary heart disease and cancer.
4. protect vision: Lutein as antioxidants and light protection, promotes retinal cells rhodopsin (Rhodopsin) re-generated, can prevent severe myopia and retinal detachment, and can improve vision, protect eyesight. Especially for students, drivers, and human consumption;
5. relieve visual fatigue symptoms: (blurred vision, dry eyes, eye swelling, eye pain, photophobia, etc.
6. raise macular pigment density, protecting the macula, macular promote development;
7. prevent macular degeneration and retinitis pigmentosa;
8. to reduce the generation of drusen, prevent the occurrence of AMD.