(1) For eye protection: Lutein can absorb blue light. The sun's ultraviolet, blue light into eyes will produce a large number of free radicals, cause cataracts, macular degeneration and even cancer. The human's eye contains high level of lutein which can not be produced by human' bodies and which must be supplemented by intake of it. Studies show that intake of lutein will help slow the aging, degradation, disease occur of eyes and reduce the incidence of eye-diseases and protect the retina from light damage.
(2) Used as a pigment: Orange natural pigment is widely used in chicken feed and also in some food, but the scope is limited because they do not dissolve in water.
(3) Anti-oxidant: The latest studies show that lutein is helpful for the treatment of heart disease and may prevent arterial wall thickening.
1. Protect eyesight
1) Lutein is one of basis in lens and retina of the eye, can prevent Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD), and improve eyesight.
2) Prevent blindness resulted from AMD. In 1996, USA suggested that aged people of 60-65 should reinforce Lutein 6 mg per day.
3) Protect cells against the damaging effects of free radicals and/or as a filter in light sensitive tissues such as the eye macula, lens and retina that protect eyes against UV radiation from light and computer.
2. Alleviate Age Pigment Degeneration in human body and anti-lipid peroxidation by antioxidation.
3. Adjust blood-fat, prevent low density lipoprotein against antioxidation, and thereby alleviate cardiopathy.